I’ve always had a problem with the strawberry ice creams out there. Disappointed that they are either too creamy, too smooth, or they are weak on strawberry flavour. They never taste as good as fresh strawberries and cream.
I promise you that’s not the case with this one—it’s absolutely packed with strawberry flavour.
For this recipe, I went towards more of a Philadelphia style ice cream. Which doesn’t contain the traditional egg-based custard we all are familiar with. It contains very little cream, no eggs and the strawberries are left in chunky pieces. It is faster, easier and much more delicious.
I’ve had this on all my menus in some shape or form. Either paired with a molten dulce de leche cake, in a classic banana split, and even sandwiched in between two corn cookies.
This ice cream is best eaten as soft serve as it sets up pretty firm (due to the lack of eggs) or let sit on the counter for 15 minutes for easy scooping.
- 24 oz cleaned strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ½ Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¾ cup 35% cream
- Toss berries with sugar salt and lemon juice. Let stand at room temp for 30 min.
- Blitz roughly using a blender or food processor (leaving some small chunks).
- Add cream last and process in ice cream maker immediately. (I use my Kitchen Aid attachment – a good investment!)
One thought on “Chunky Strawberry Ice Cream”